Location: Cambridge, Ontario
JOB ROLE:Senior Accountant
Blendtek is a privately held company with a mission to challenge expectations in the food industry. As a trusted source for innovators across food, bakery, beverage, prepared foods, and sports nutrition categories, we collaborate with our customers from concept development and formulation to manufacturing and packaging—bringing their ideas to life.
At Blendtek, our ingredient solutions range from the basics to the inspired, such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten-free products, functional food systems, and proprietary blends. We’re wired to create and driven to fuel innovation in food. We do things differently. Since our foundation, Blendtek has experienced rapid success by challenging the status quo and delivering unique solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to provide our Controller with assistance on all financial-related matters. We are seeking a self-starter, with excellent excel and analytical skills who has a passion for problem solving. The ideal candidate is a highly detailed professional who practices discretion in all corporate matters and doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves.
- Assist with month end close, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, accruals, and financial statement preparation support.
- Participate in the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process.
- Communicate and coordinate with external accountants.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies and establish best practices.
- Preparation of monthly reporting for HST, WSIB, EHT, etc.
- Back up payroll administrator using Ceridian.
- Provide back up for the Controller, when required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance
- CPA Designation or working towards a CPA preferred.
Required Skills andKnowledge:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- A proficient user of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software.
- Organized and strong ability to prioritize.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Climate controlled office environment (desk/computer work).
- Large windows and natural lighting
- Ergonomic workstations – height adjustable desk and monitors
- Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monthly company events
- On-site parking
- Employee recognition program
- State of the art on-site gym
- Employee training program and education/certification reimbursement programs
Ability to Commuteor Relocate
- Reliable transportation to commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- 8-hour shift
- 40 hours per week
- One location – Cambridge, Ontario
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org