JOB ROLE:Production Associate
Signing Bonus! Eligible for a signing bonus of $1000. Hired employees will earn a signing bonus of $500 paid after the successful completion of the probationary period and another $500 after 6 months of continuous service.
Blendtek is a privately-owned company with a mission to challenge expectations in our industry. As a trusted source for innovators in the food manufacturing, sports nutrition, bakery and food research and development industries, Blendtek supplies high quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the unexpected and inspired such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten free products, functional food systems, and proprietary multi-ingredient blends.
The ideal Production Associate candidate is hard-working, safety oriented, process-driven and is passionate about supporting our production activities. We are looking for energetic, ambitious, and creative individuals to join our growing team.
- Learn and follow the safe and proper operation of the equipment.
- Perform required pre-use inspections, setup, and clean out procedures for all equipment and provide required reports.
- Pick, pack and weigh ingredients used in production
- Follow instructions for the production of dry mixes
- Monitor and communicate any process or product abnormalities to your Manager.
- Receive inbound deliveries of raw material used in production
- Pick, pack and ship finish goods material to be sent to customers
- Perform all duties according to applicable quality and food safety systems/initiatives and processes (Ex. GMP, GFSI etc.)
- Operate forklift to pick, store and stage material.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and apply instructions in English
- Have a basic mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve
- Are detail orientated and demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Salesforce a plus)
- Are frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders and steps.
- Are frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Can lift, pull, or push up to 70 pounds
- Regularly work at heights greater than five feet
- Are forklift certified
- Can manage the noise level in the work environment as it is usually high, and ear protection is required.
Let's Make an Impact
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you.