JOB ROLE:HR GENERALIST
Blendtek is a privately‐owned company with a mission to challenge the status quo in our industry. As a trusted source for innovators in the food manufacturing, sports nutrition, bakery, and food research and development industries, Blendtek supplies high‐quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the inspired. These solutions include alternative proteins, sweeteners, gluten‐free products, functional food systems, and proprietary multi‐ingredient blends.
Our team is growing again, and we are looking for an energetic and passionate HR practitioner to help us shape the future of our Employee Experience department. The successful candidate will have the rare opportunity to work alongside the executive leadership team and ownership group to create and establish many of the HR Policies and procedures from the ground up.
- Provide full‐service HR support to the executive team including running headcount reports, compensation reports, managing tasks related to employee relations issues, training, etc.
- Support Blendtek from a labor and employee relations perspective, including implementing and administration of company policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment and onboarding process as well as manage relationships with employment agencies
- Create and implement plans which increase employee engagement and drive retention
- Conduct investigations in response to employee complaints and ensuring appropriate resolution
- Develop the employee events strategy for the company to engage all in‐person, hybrid and remote employees to create a world‐class culture
- Responsible for employee swag program, from onboarding through to event‐based swag, and the employee gifting program to recognize our Blendtek employees, when applicable.
- Identify wellness initiatives, challenges or events for our team to engage in
- Update and maintain all HR/Payroll systems
- Responsible for payroll administration including maintenance of employee payroll data and processing of bi‐weekly pay runs.
- Assist with the preparation of annual T4 information
- Responsible for the administration of the employee benefit program.
- Support internal communications by providing overview of personnel changes and announcements
- Manage and monitor performance‐related issues and implement changes that could increase productivity
- Handle termination‐related matters and prepare termination and severance letters
- Be well‐versed in applicable employment standards laws, Human Rights regulations, occupational health and safety legislation, data protection regulations and other related employment legislations and HR compliance requirements.
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Talent Management , or similar.
- Professional designation is an asset.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with employees in all functional business areas and executive management.
- Strong organizational/time management skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast‐ paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, hands‐on, with a customer service mentality.
- Flexible, adaptive, and demonstrated ability to embrace change.
- Knowledge and expertise in a variety of HR policies and procedures, best practices, and current regulations specific to HR
- Experience with recruiting/staffing, onboarding, compensation/benefits administration, training, & employee engagement
- Excellent judgment, problem‐solving, and decision‐making skills
- Personal conduct which demonstrates high integrity, objectivity, and ethics. Ability to maintain, in strictest trust, confidential information
- Ongoing interest in self‐development through formal and informal learning
- Proficiency in software like MS Office 365 Suite
Let's Make an Impact
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you.