JOB ROLE:Market Development Representative
Blendtek is a privately held company with a mission to challenge expectations in the food industry. As a trusted source for innovators across all food categories, we collaborate with our customers from concept development and formulation to manufacturing and packaging, bringing their ideas to life.
Let’s be real – the last two years have been challenging for the food industry driven by logistics challenges, material shortages and rising prices. At Blendtek, we partner with our customers to deliver on our promises, solve problems where we can, and most importantly communicate when things don’t go as planned. Our ingredient solutions range from the basics to the inspired, such as plant-based proteins, clean label preservatives, sweeteners, functional food systems, and proprietary blends. We’re wired to create and driven to fuel innovation in food.
- Use a variety of tools to identify prospective customers including LinkedIn, D&B Hoovers, the internet, inbound leads, social media, trade shows and referrals.
- Connect with key decision-makers and influencers at prospective customers with the appropriate sequence using various channels such as LinkedIn, email, phone, Teams and text.
- Introduce prospects to the products and services offered by Blendtek, tailoring the message targeted to their specific needs.
- Qualify the opportunity to ensure fit for Blendtek’s offering, and successfully transition the opportunity to an Account Manager.
- Promptly respond to inbound leads from website.
- Record all activities in SalesForce.com.
- Report sales activities, key opportunities, and challenges at monthly sales meetings.
- Support the planning, execution, and tracking initiatives at sales exhibits at trade shows to deliver meaningful results. Attend events as required which may include travel.
- Manage time effectively, be responsive to customer requests and deal with after hour emergencies as needed.
- Experience in sales, customer service or other customer-facing roles.
- Understanding of the food industry, specifically food ingredients is an asset.
- Proficiency in understanding, speaking, and writing in French is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to adapt to a variety of audiences.
- Prospecting skills to identify, connect with and engage with target customers in the territory.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with minimal direct supervision requirements
- Demonstrated success in a result-driven, high performing team environment